Thursday, December 27, 2012

Book Haul: Christmas Reads

 



Dash and Lily's Book of Dares 
by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan.

This is the most adorable book. It is about a girl and a boy running all over New York from Christmas to New Years doing dares. The catch is they have no idea who the other is. By communicating through a red moleskin notebook, they get to know each other in a quirky, yet deep way. 



Excerpt: 
“You were in Sweden?" Boomer asked.

"No," I said. "The trip got called off at the last minute. Because of  the political unrest"

"In Sweden?" Priya seemed skeptical.

"Yeah-isn't it strange how the Times isn't covering it? Half the country's on strike because of that thing the crown prince said about Pippi Longstocking Which means no meatballs for Christmas, if you know what I mean."

"That's so sad!" Boomer said.” 




Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1)
By Colleen Houck

I heard about this book through Alli, a wonderful booktuber. I don't really know how to explain this book so I will just show you what is on the inside flap.

"Would you risk it all to change your destiny?

The last thing Kelsey Hayes thought she’d be doing this summer was trying to break a 300-year-old Indian curse. With a mysterious white tiger named Ren. Halfway around the world. But that’s exactly what happened. Face-to-face with dark forces, spellbinding magic, and mystical worlds where nothing is what it seems, Kelsey risks everything to piece together an ancient prophecy that could break the curse forever."


I am so excited to read this!! Ahhh yeah. And can we all take a moment to admire this cover….


Matched (Matched, #1)
By Ally Condie

I'm sure you've all heard of this one. The hype surrounding this book is ridiculous. So of course I have to see what it's all about. Plus, I'm sure a movie is on the horizon so I need to read the series first. 

"Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow."


So those are the books I got for myself as a gift :)

Tell me what books you've recently gotten! I'd love to hear!!

xoxo,

Michelle

1 comment:

  1. BTW if anyone could tell me why some of my typing goes brown and the rest is black that would be awesome. It's really buggin me.

    ReplyDelete