Friday, December 14, 2012

The Seven Signs of Addiction

Hello everyone!

My name is Michelle and I am a book addict.


They say the seven signs of addiction are:


Questioning:"Do I have a problem?"

Defensiveness: "If people don't understand that's their problem!" "I can stop whenever I want to."

Blaming: "It's moms fault. She's the one that taught me how to read at 2 and a half."

Secrets and Lies: mom: "How many books are you reading?" me: "Just one... two?.. fine five."

Time and Effort: "Gotta get up at 7 so I can read for another hour... or two... three should be fine."

Guilt and Shame: "I just spent so much on these! I do have a problem... wait... I don't own that book. Better get it while they have it."

Isolation: Friend: "Hey wanna hang out tonight?" me:"No I think I'll stay here and read" friend: "…"

Do you recognize any of these symptoms in yourself? Yes? Then congratulations you are a bibliophile like me! Welcome to the club!


On this blog, I will review books I have finished reading. I will also have some of my friends guest post  about books that they have read. I may even do some fun things like recent book hauls and my favorite book to movie adaptions etc.


A word of caution: If you do not have the symptoms of a book addict get off this blog NOW! Once this addiction hits you there is no turning back. You can kiss your money and your social life goodbye. Don't say I didn't warn you.


xoxo,

Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment