Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Michelle Review's: Dash and Lily's book of Dares

Dash and Lily's Book of Dares
by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

If I were 12-14 I think I would have enjoyed this more. It was just too… fluffy for me. Everything was sweet and nothing was all that interesting. 

While the beginning and the overall concept were very cute, I grew extremely bored toward the end. I didn't feel like the characters devolved much throughout the story. Instead, every chapter was like a new version of the previous chapter.


The writing itself had a hint of John Green too it. Like how Dash used word play and there were dictionary definitions and such. But the depth that John Green adds to his books was lacking. But, to be fair, this book wasn't trying to be deep. It was meant to be cute and light, which it did accomplish.


Happy reading everyone!


xoxo,


Michelle




No comments:

Post a Comment